Thursday, May 27, 2004

High in many ways

Don't let the term "high finance" fool you. The only thing high are the brokers themselves. There's this one broker in my branch who brags about his stripper friends and pot collection. Want to know who is managing your money? Well if you're not worth several million, this is probably the guy. His name is Cliff, a pseudonym of course. Cliff has two goals in life: to get laid, and to avoid work. Both of which he does on company time. He slips in just before noon and slips out just before the close of market. Don't worry, it's mutual. We can handle about as much of Cliff as he can handle of us. Tuesdays are All-You-Can-Eat day at the tiddy bar down the street. For $5.95 and not a dime more Cliff and sometimes several of the others get a belly full while getting an eye full. He doesn't drink, the saint that he is, but his head is frequently in the clouds as he drifts by, the stench of weed wafting in behind him. Oddly enough, I enjoy talking to him at times. His stories are always so nasty sometimes I feel like I should be wearing a condom just to listen. I've stored many of them in the back of my head, after sanitizing them to protect my brain cells from exposure, of course. Stick around. I'll tell you about his visit to a stripper's trailer park and the shoot out that ensued.