Sunday, June 06, 2004

Women.

I'm tired. My sister came over today with her 2 year old. Adorable kid, but OH MY GOD! Why can't she sit still for just 5 minutes? "I want Barney. I want Barney. I want Barney." Not in a whiney voice, but in a repetitive, freshly informative way so that each time she said it it was like the first time. I felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day. We tried to go to the Saltgrass, a nice steakhouse. After 10 minutes of constantly grabbing my neice by the seat of her pants and pulling her back before she went head first over the top of the booth seat we finally gave up and had the waitress box our steaks to go.

Last night was cool. It began with a shot of tequila. Afterwards I glanced at Jasmine. She was laughing with Chris, the new office stud who just hired in straight out of college. Let him enjoy the night. This business will chew him up and spit him out. Oddly, that thought made me feel better about seeing them laugh together. Am I obsessed?

No, but I'll cop to a crush. Secretly, that is.

My neice just giggled. Man. Is it possible I've already forgotten what a pain in the ass she was all day today?

She has her mom's blue eyes.