Friday, November 12, 2004

I'll give you something "newsworthy"

On the 10pm news tonight one old fucker was yacking his jaw about a paintball business moving in down the street. “Now we’re gonna have traffic.” The hell you say! And this made the news? What, nobody willing to take a paint pellet up the ass for the sake of news?

The next story was about a bridal couple whose reception was cut short. Not newsworthy to me, but perhaps I’m jaded. A restaurant kicks a bride and groom to the curb with the DJ’s sound equipment at closing time because they want to go home, damn the blissful couple. Insensitive bastards, yes, but newsworthy insensitive bastards? I think not.

I believe the news should be revolutionized. If nobody is lurking in my hood, stealing my money or threatening my community, then I think the anchor should open the news with “Good evening. Ain’t shit going on tonight, ya’ll. See ya tomorrah.” Save my ass the ½ hour. Save us all.

Other than that, I got nothing. Nada. Zip – oh, one more thing. Tonight Jasmine finally got around to telling me she loved me. If I were the type to be insecure, I might have been silently doubting myself up to this point. Luckily, she can’t resist my ass.