Thursday, December 02, 2004

Insecurities?

Jasmine: So how do you feel about all of this?
Me: All of what?
Jasmine: The war in Iraq. The babies! What do you think all of what? God, Jay!
Me: Oh. Sorry.
Jasmine: …..hello?
Me: What?
Jasmine: Forget it.
Me: ….Jazz?
Jasmine: What?
Me: I love you.
Jasmine: Shut up.
Me: And I love our babies.
Jasmine: Really?
Me: Really.
Jasmine: ….
Me: …..
Jasmine: You would never leave us, would you?
Me: Never.
Jasmine: …I love you.
Me: Shut up.

Apparently the amazingly confident woman who mesmerized me for the last several years has begun to dissolve into something slightly more vulnerable. She's been here every night since last Tuesday, not really wanting to go home.

Tomorrow night I will broach the subject of living arrangements. I don't like her wondering about stupid stuff like whether or not I'll walk. She's got more important shit to worry about. Like, how in the hell did that lemon-sized lump get between her hip bones when she's lying on her back? She should have that looked at before it gets any bigger. Could be malignant and shit. You never know.