Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cat fight

I really get a kick out of some of the ISPs that surf through my blog. Like lucasfilms.com, probably George. He thinks I’m the man. And UH.edu, my alma mater. Must be the honeys still clamoring for me almost a decade later. Not to mention the many military ISPs and various .gov ISPs as our nations employees are working hard to protect our safety and health while reading about how I flogged the dog. Used to get hits from schwab.com but we all know what happened to that fella last year. And one of my favorites, harvard.edu. Because the shit that comes out of my mouth is best contemplated by the most brilliant minds in the world.

Referral links are very telling as well. We all recall what happened a few months ago when a certain someone opened a forum for the sole purpose of judging and bashing me. We also recall I said nothing in return, but posted a lovely array of jpegs displaying the Jay-Bashing for the whole world to see. It would have never been discovered had a link not been typed into the forum, like bait on a line, leading me right to the source.

So last night I suddenly got about 20 hits or so from a particular site that, this time, I will keep to myself. My part in it was negligible, a random mentioning of me that I found harmless by someone whom I have no qualms with. And in fact, the forum owner or whomever either took offense at my Choke the Chicken post or decided to quickly salvage the forum’s privacy, quickly deleted the link to stop the flow of traffic through to me. Too late.

I skimmed a few of the posts, mainly looking for shit about me because I don’t give a damn about anyone but myself. And in the process gathered the gist of the witch hunt taking place. The fucking fur was flying like I’d never seen before. I couldn’t believe there was an entire cyberworld where women gather to rip each other to shreds. Deny it if you want, but women are catty. Mean. Judgmental. Hateful. Vindictive. And passive aggressive, as one of them put it so balls-on accurately.

In fact, since reading the “passive aggressive” comment last night, I’ve had time to think about it and think about all of the women who’ve given Jazz a hard time these last few years. All of the sweet smiles that parlay some of the most spiteful, cruel shit I’ve ever heard.

Jasmine has seen and been through more shit than I can imagine. And she still moves through her day like she’s weightless. She avoids the shark pool and yeah, when it comes to female companionship she’s a little light. But I can see why she’d prefer to err on the side of caution after reading some of the shit on the forum that linked to me last night.

I think people seem to forget that nobody can offend you unless you allow yourself to be offended. No one can anger you unless you allow yourself to get angry. And nobody’s opinion has shit to do with who you are on the inside, so publicly castrating another human being for not following your code of PC isn’t going to change the world.

So if Jasmine “trapped” me, Amanda, I’m one lucky bastard. She saved me from all those others.