Monday, July 11, 2005

And not one damn book offer. Illiterate bastards.

I’ll be honest, writing this post was harder than I thought it would be. I’m not so big on long goodbyes, so I’ll keep it short. I’m honored so many of you have drifted through and even stuck around just to hear my side of things. And it was humbling when I discovered recently that hundreds of people have quietly linked to me. But as is the fate of all kick-ass parties, it's time for the ball to drop. Not mine. The fictitious ones. Mine dropped years ago. Just prior to their removal back in January of this year.

So after a year and two months, Jay’s Party is turning out the lights. I hope it was as good for you as it was for me. And if I finished before you were ready, hell, it wouldn't be the first time.

In honor of my blinding talent, I dug up a few posts I felt summarized the evolution of our magical journey together:
Ring around the penis
Someone's at the door
Chernobyl ass
A photograph
Bad dog
Who’s your daddy?
Savannah smiles
Jiminy Fucking Cricket
Opimpia
I hate being a party pooper
The Boogey Man
You’re not Mom
They’re here!
How it all happened

Maybe we'll see each other around. And Jack, you still owe me a beer, you cheap bastard. I haven't forgotten.

Olivia & Ben

Good night,
Jay